X-Ray Vision?



Stepping into the kitchen one afternoon, I saw to the right of me on the marbleized formica countertop, next to the well used wooden chopping block, a Massachusetts lottery ticket. I think it was a $2 ticket, but it could have been a $1 one (they have many varieties of both with some interesting prizes, although as always with legalized gambling, the odds greatly favor the house taking your money with no prizes awarded). Whatever the case, it was right there in plain sight and my father had purchased it for me to scratch, leaving it on the counter so I would find it.

Surprisingly enough it had already been scratched (the coatings over matching/winning numbers and prizes had already been rubbed off, revealing if you had won anything.) And I saw that it was a $25 prize winner,with the money being awarded, because the ticket revealed a full house (3 numbers matching with an additional pair of matching numbers).

There was just one problem! My attention was diverted from the scratch  ticket for a moment and when I focused upon it again, I saw that the ticket was whole, untouched, unscratched. It had transformed itself into a perfectly unused lottery ticket.

"Whoahhh," I said to myself, I could have sworn that this was a $25 winner and all the number/prize coatings had been removed. I mean, it was right there before my very own eyes: $25 dollars, a full house. And now nothing... whole.

So, I decided to rub the ticket, and amazingly, sure enough, it did reveal itsel to be a full house with a $25 prize.

How to explain it? 

A glimpse in to the future? ESP? Alternate time line inhabited for a moment or two?

Don't know, but was happy to win the $25.

Image Credit: https://nypost.com/2015/12/22/for-300-x-ray-vision-to-soon-be-reality/

Comments

Popular Posts